Kansas State Men’s Crew has training and competition opportunities for male and female student athletes at Kansas State University. No rowing experience is necessary, just a willingness to try something new and a desire to improve yourself.
Come train with the crew! Monday through Friday 5:15pm to 7:15pm.
For more information, contact KsuMensRowing@gmail.com
- Mar 18-24: Spring Break Training Camp (Waco, TX)
- April 21: Illinois Collegiate Rowing Invitational (Farmer City, IL)
- April 28: Lake Shawnee Spring Classic (Topeka, KS)
- May 20-25: Training at Lake Lanier, GA
- May 26-27: American Collegiate Rowing Association Championship (Lake Lanier, GA)
- Aug 20: KSU Semester Starts
- Aug 27: Rowing Season Starts
- Sept 22: Head of the Des Moines (Des Moines, IA)
- Sept 29: Head of the Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Oct 20: Jayhawk Jamboree (Lawrence, KS)
- Nov 3: Frostbite Regatta (Wichita, KS)
- Dec 8: Oxygen Optional Tournament (Manhattan, KS)
- Feb 9: Shocker Sprints (Wichita, KS)
- Feb 16: Pepsi Open Indoor Rowing Championship (Topeka, KS)
Kansas State Men’s Crew was founded by Don Rose in 1963. Rose had been a Wisconsin coxswain and had coached at Princeton and Columbia. He came back to Manhattan and founded the Wildcat Crew as the first rowing program in the Midwest.
The Women’s Crew was founded in 1974.
In 1986, the first Kansas State Rowing Association Junior (high school) rowers took to the water and later became known as Manhattan Junior Crew.
The Women’s Crew became an NCAA program in 1994 as K-State Rowing, and KSMC became co-ed for non-NCAA women.
The Men’s Crew is not sponsored by the K-State Athletics Department, but is a member of Kansas State Rowing Association, American Collegiate Rowing Association, and US Rowing Association.
Head Coach: Wesley Good
Assistant Coach: Linda Graham