Crew expands what it means to be a student at Kansas State University. We are a founding member of American Collegiate Rowing Association and compete at local and regional regattas in both spring and fall. No experience is necessary; all K-State students are welcome to row.
Fall 2019 Boathouse Cookout
Come hangout out at our boathouse on Sept 1st between 4pm and 7pm! See what the sport is about, meet the team, and (most importantly) eat some free food! The boathouse is located at 7560 Spillway Marina Rd.
If you’re not able to make it out, come on out to the introduction practices starting Tuesday at 5:15pm. No experience is necessary.
Standard practices for competition crews run 5:15pm-7:15pm M-F. Practices include on-water training rowing technique, control, and race strategy, water safety, conditioning, and strength development.
- Sept 1: Boathouse Cookout
- Sept 3-13 Fall Introduction
- Oct 20: Competition @ Jayhawk Jamboree (Lawrence, KS)
- Nov 3: Competition @ Frostbite Regatta (Wichita, KS)
- Dec 7: Competition @ Oxygen Optional Tournament (Manhattan, KS)
- Feb 8: Competition @ Shocker Sprints (Wichita, KS)
- Feb 22: Competition @ Pepsi Open Indoor Rowing Championship (Topeka, KS)
- Mar 8-14: Spring Break Training Camp (Waco, TX)
- April : Competition @ TDB
- April 25 : Competition @ Lake Shawnee Spring Classic (Topeka, KS)
- May 3: Competition @ Plains Regional Regatta (Wichita, KS)
- May 18-21: Training at Lake Lanier, GA
- May 22-24: Competition @ American Collegiate Rowing Association Championship (Lake Lanier, GA)
Kansas State Men’s Crew was founded by Don Rose in 1963. Rose had been a Wisconsin coxswain and had coached at Princeton and Columbia. He came back to Manhattan and founded the Men’s Crew as the first rowing program in the Midwest.
The Men’s Crew is not sponsored by the K-State Athletics Department, but is a member of Kansas State Rowing Association, American Collegiate Rowing Association, and US Rowing Association.
Head Coach: Wesley Good