Crew expands what it means to be a student at Kansas State University. We are a founding member of American Collegiate Rowing Association and compete at local and regional regattas in both spring and fall. No experience is necessary; all K-State students are welcome to row.
Current KSU Students
Learn to row with us at the KSU Boathouse at 7560 Spillway Marina Rd! Monday/Wednesday/Friday 5:15pm to 7:15pm.
Fall 2020 Boathouse Cookout
Come hangout out at our boathouse on Aug 30th between 4pm and 7pm! See what the sport is about and eat some free food! The boathouse is located at 7560 Spillway Marina Rd.
If you’re not able to make it out, come on out to the introduction practices starting Monday at 5:15pm. No experience is necessary.
Standard practices are Monday/Wednesday/Friday 5:15pm-7:15pm. Practice for competition crews are every weekday 5:15pm-7:15pm. Practices include on-water training rowing technique, control, and race strategy, water safety, conditioning, and strength development.
- Feb 8: Competition @ Shocker Sprints (Wichita, KS)
- Feb 22: Competition @ Pepsi Open Indoor Rowing Championship (Topeka, KS)
- Mar 8-14: Spring Break Training Camp (Waco, TX)
- April 25 : Competition @ Lake Shawnee Spring Classic (Topeka, KS)
- May 3: Competition @ Plains Regional Regatta (Wichita, KS)
- May 18-21: Training at Lake Lanier, GA
- May 22-24: Competition @ American Collegiate Rowing Association Championship (Lake Lanier, GA)
Fall 2020 (Tentative)
- Aug 30: Boathouse Cookout
- Aug 31-Sept 4: Fall Introduction
- Sept 26: Competition @ Head of the Des Moines (Des Moines, IA)
- Oct 3-4: Competition @ Head of the Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Oct 18 : Competition @ Jayhawk Jamboree (Lawrence, KS)
- Nov 1: Competition @ Frostbite Regatta (Wichita, KS)
- Dec 5: Competition @ Oxygen Optional Tournament (Manhattan, KS)
Kansas State Men’s Crew was founded by Don Rose in 1963. Rose had been a Wisconsin coxswain and had coached at Princeton and Columbia. He came back to Manhattan and founded the Men’s Crew as the first rowing program in the Midwest.
The Men’s Crew is not sponsored by the K-State Athletics Department, but is a member of Kansas State Rowing Association, American Collegiate Rowing Association, and US Rowing Association.
Head Coach: Wesley Good