As COVID-19 cases slow, we’re gradually resuming activities. If you’re in Manhattan over the summer and want to row with us, contact us below.
Fall 2020 Boathouse Cookout
Come hangout out at our boathouse on Aug 30th between 4pm and 7pm! See what the sport is about and eat some free food! The boathouse is located at 7560 Spillway Marina Rd.
If you’re not able to make it out, come on out to the introduction practices starting the following Monday at 5:15pm. No experience is necessary.
Practices during the semester are M/W/F 5:15pm-7:15pm. Competition crews practice every weekday 5:15pm-7:15pm. Practices include on-water training rowing technique, control, and race strategy, water safety, conditioning, and strength development.
Fall 2020 (Tentative)
- Aug 30: Boathouse Cookout
- Aug 31-Sept 4: Fall Introduction
- Sept 26: Competition @ Head of the Des Moines (Des Moines, IA)
- Oct 3-4: Competition @ Head of the Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Oct 18 : Competition @ Jayhawk Jamboree (Lawrence, KS)
- Nov 1: Competition @ Frostbite Regatta (Wichita, KS)
- Dec 5: Competition @ Oxygen Optional Tournament (Manhattan, KS)
Spring 2021 (Tentative)
- Feb 8: Competition @ Shocker Sprints (Wichita, KS)
- Feb 20: Competition @ Kansas Open Indoor Rowing Championship (Topeka, KS)
- Mar 7-13: Spring Break Training Camp (Waco, TX)
- April 24 : Competition @ TRB
- May 2: Competition @ Plains Regional Regatta (Wichita, KS)
- May 23-27: Training at Lake Lanier, GA
- May 28-30: Competition @ American Collegiate Rowing Association Championship (Lake Lanier, GA)
Kansas State Men’s Crew was founded by Don Rose in 1963. Rose had been a Wisconsin coxswain and had coached at Princeton and Columbia. He came back to Manhattan and founded the Men’s Crew as the first rowing program in the Midwest.
The Men’s Crew is not sponsored by the K-State Athletics Department, but is a member of Kansas State Rowing Association, American Collegiate Rowing Association, and US Rowing Association.
Head Coach: Wesley Good